FOXTEAM UAV CLAN

a Virtual Robotix Network Team

What IDE Do you prefer for Multipilot32 - Ardupilot32 ? Arduino like Framework vs CooCox for Arm MicroController .

VS

Dear Friends ,

Today I'm working on IDE for Multipilot 2.0 . I found different kind of approach available For developing application on Arm Cortex A3 microcontroller.

Actually I'm studing this kind of platform :

Xduino , Maple IDE and CooCox IDE.

The first two ide are Clone of official Arduino project .  This kind of ide use same Arduino Java ide and add support for gcc arm compiler instead of gcc . Normaly support usb uploading of firmware don' support jtag debugging. The Maple is better of xduino at the moment. The standard arm library is wrapped for using same arduino language sintax. Is not yet fully compatible with original arduino sintax.

The second one instead is a Eclipse ide , that include support for makefile automatic production , gcc compiler , linker,  debugger and support Jtag interface for debug and upgrade firmware.

Support a lot of functionality of ARM micro , is available a micro operating systems that support task and preemptive multitasking.

Personally I prefer second kind of approach , more professional approach not for entry level programmer . The first kind of approach is very good for people that normaly use arduino for development of his application .

My idea at the moment is to support all kind of systems .. actualy the second kind of ide don't support the arduino .pde application ,but i think that is possible to develop a wrapper class and a mod for eclipse that support this kind of improvment.

What kind of approach do you prefer ?

http://www.coocox.com/

http://leaflabs.com/

Regards

Roberto

Views: 1756

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i would simply stick with an eclipse environment.

coocox is nice, but way from finished. also the count of supported jtag devices is very low.

their realtime os is a freertos clone.

hardcore programmers do use eclipse - but not openocd in the first place.

i would prefer code red stuff ;-)

but no stm support.

the other 50 percent of the hardcore programmers do only use make files :-)

anyway, the toolset is in all cases codesourcery. eclipse integration is easy to realize.

hmm, i am very interested in a stm32 based cpu because debugging is much easier.

and i like cortex devices.

i have seen CooCox CoOS, it is very different from freertos, it is designed specially for ARM cortex-M kernel, so its minimum system kernel is only 974 bytes. But freertos is much more complicated.
I like CooCox CoIDE, it integrates CoOS as a component, use with check. It is really very convenient and easy.

I'm a network systems architect/ linux systems architect/ business consultant for 10+ years now.

I say the Eclipse IDE.

It's a proven platform for all types of environments, and presents fewer barriers to an entry level programmer than any of the other options. More importantly it would be much easier to use an environment that a newbie might already be familiar with. Veteran programmers would also prefer an Eclipse environment because it is a widely adopted programming platform with a stable code base.

It's not a choice, the success of this project depends on using the Eclipse IDE.

Thanks for entertaining those who would like to choose!

i prefer eclipse IDE

I am PLC programmer

In my opinion

Coco in lokking for interface more likely for me in this 2

In my test i add the experience with Ride7 and his Jtag interface . Very impressive performances , realtime debugger using jtag until 64 kbyte of code in standard version of jtag interface the Ride7 Ide is for unlimeted project. Good , Very Good :)

hello roberto,

what jtag device do you use with ride7?

robert

R-Jtag Standard. The Official Rode7 jtag adapter , but i found a problem I'm starting to use the ide for compiling C++ code but Rite7 and CooCox don't support it .

Now i try to understand what free ide support C++ :(

Do you have any idea ?

Regards

Roberto

hello,

the lib's have to compiled with c++ support turned on.

try eclipse, codesourcery and gnuarm eclipse plugin.

there i think there shouzld be no problem.

regards

robert

btw: i can use an stm board - i am a little bit angry using atmel...

Last Update ...

I testing Keil IDE and XDuino project library ... First test and all work fine ... :)

Starting Xduino (v0.330000) example program...hello!! 1 2 3
The floating point number is 1234.567800

Xduino Lib v 0.33000 work fine on Ardupilot32 :) This is good news because Xduino is based on standard STM32 lib ...

Another example completly opensource with Eclipse, GCC Compiler, OpenOCD e FreeRtos.

http://developers.stf12.net/eclipse-demo

Regards

Roberto

RSS

Events

© 2019   Created by Roberto Navoni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service